WHAT IS PREGNANCY MASSAGE ?
Pregnancy Massage or Prenatal Massage is a type of treatment that gives emphasis on mother and baby, with many physical benefits throughout every prenatal stage. Research has shown that expectant mothers who receive massage may have easier deliveries, reduced chances of post-partum depression and regain their physical and emotional health more quickly.
4 Elements Healing Massage can accommodate pregnancy appointments by using a pregnancy table or side lying technique.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF PREGNANCY MASSAGE?
Although each trimester brings its own issues and concerns, most can be helped with massage. The following is a list of general benefits throughout the whole pregnancy:
- Stimulating blood flow (may prevent anemia)
- Reduce fatigue
- Increase muscle tone and flexibility (alleviating muscle cramps and spasms)
- Stimulates lymphatic system (may help prevent/reduce edema)
- Relieve headaches/ shoulder & neck pain
- Help alleviate morning sickness
- Alleviate backaches and leg cramps
- Enhance sleep
- Alleviate ligament pain
- Learn relaxation skills (especially through diaphragmatic breathing)
- Relieving aches and pains
- Alleviate stress on weight-bearing joints
- Release physical and emotional tension
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I RECEIVE PREGNANCY MASSAGE TREATMENTS?
For a client’s general good health, (and to maintain tissue health, stress levels, flexibility and reduced swelling) 4 Elements Healing Massage recommends they receive a pregnancy massage once or twice a month for 9 months.